Heat Exchanger Reconditioning and Repair Services
Here at North Road Service Center, we offer Full in-house, cleaning and regasketing of all types of plate heat exchangers.
Start Your Reconditioning Services Today
- Process starts with recording the customer information, plate count, and gasket type of dirty plates received
- Removal of old gaskets
- Plates are pre-washed to remove loose debris
- Plates are dipped in a hot caustic bath to remove any oils
- Plates are removed from caustic and power washed
- Plates are dipped in a non-corrosive acid solution to remove any buildup and staining
- Plates are removed from acid and powerwashed again….
- Plates are then manually cleaned for any leftover stains or fouling.
- Old gasket adhesive is removed from gasket groove.
- Plates are then coated with a dye penetrant and tested for cracks and / or holes
- Plates are then pressured washed again to remove dye penetrant
- Plates are inspected and new gaskets are installed (Adhesive bonded or clip on)
- Gasketed plates are inspected and crated for shipment or delivery